Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Flowers by the Wayside.

It’s time for you to meet my soul mate and true friend Kate Fly. Kate has always been a singer at heart; and a great one at that. She is the most kind and loving person that I know. Not too long ago Kate had a chance to show her kind heart and donated her wonderful talent and time for St Jude Children’s Hospital. She opened up the charity show by herself that night, something she has not done for a long time. As always, she was fabulous. One thing I have said many times is “Kate can sing any style of music, and takes control of any song she sings.” I am giving you all a sample of her talents here today in this post. Just so happens the song I’ve picked out to show case is one that I wrote the words to! I came home from our first “rendezvous” together and wrote the song the next day. Kate liked the lyrics and wanted to put them to music. One of the bands she is in (The OK Sisters Band) were cutting their first CD at that time and the song Flowers By The Wayside was published in that CD. The name of the CD is “Edge of a Rock” which is currently out of print. I wish I could say “and the rest is history”, but she is not famous yet and neither am I. Now I am going to try and change that fact starting today. This is where I need your help. Check out this video, and please leave a comment. I am sure Kate would love to hear what you have to say. If you like what you hear then you can go to YouTube and watch the rest of the show. Please give the video a star rating, as well as the other videos. I will be posting more of the show over the next few weeks, until I get them all posted. You can be a part of kick starting her national début on the internet. By the way, Kate is also a member of the band Treo. Both bands have Cd’s out, so give them a listen.

5 comments:

Bob Caine said...

Thank you for introducing us to Kate. She definitely can sing. I feel privileged to have been introduced to her. Thanks Kurt.

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Kate is very talented, as you are. Can't wait to hear more!

Wyverex said...

Awesome Kurt!

bleuet said...

Amazing story and wonderful singer. Look forward to read, hear more from both of you . Thanks for sharing. :-)

Kann Do Girl said...

Great song Kurt, great job performing Kate. We all hope to hear more. KDG