Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Live Crane Cam in my home state of Nebraska.

It's a nice spring day today in central Nebraska. I want to take a moment to tell you all a little about my home state. Nebraska is right in the path of many species of migratory birds. Among them are the majestic sandhill cranes. The cranes have a very distinctive "screaming" sound that they make.

We have a special place that the public can come to and watch the cranes in their own habitat. Rowe Sanctuary is the name of this wonderful place. It's along Interstate 80 in central Nebraska, near the town of Gibbon.

If you would like to see and hear the magnificent birds, just take a look at National Geographic's live CRANE CAM located at Rowe. This is live streaming video. You will see a short advertisement first. Early in the morning and in the evening, just at sundown are some of the best times to see them coming in and out of the Platte River. Enjoy my Nebraska!

9 comments:

GFranklin said...

Loved the crane cam. Love anything about animals keep load and I will keep watching Thanks - Gerald Franklin

Wyverex said...

This is so cool! I think I am too early by an hour for the cranes but I remember them from when we lived in MN up by Duluth.

Wavecritter said...

This Crane Cam Rocks!

Wyverex said...

Came back for a shot of the Crane cam!

mike jackson said...

Love the noise sandhill cranes make they are cool.I'll have to check out the cam.

Michael Jackson

Muddog357 said...

National Geographic and your Crane cam are an outstanding addition here Thanks

Ask Jim Lucier said...

This was great. I love to watch the ducks and geese at the lake where I camp. The crane cam was awesome.

Wyverex said...

Thank You so much for listening in on our show last night, you made my whole day!

John Raines said...

thats a cool cam to view the cranes thanks for showing us how to view them - John Raines