Friday, May 2, 2008

Like trying to sell ice cubes to an Eskimo

I would like to talk about something that I have been thinking about for over a week now. I need to back up and fill you in on what has been happening in my life. I recently became a member of a brand new concept on the Internet for free advertising.

It is an awesome program where you advertise for free and you can get paid rebates back to your account. They use a rotator to advertise all the URL’s of the members, and then you surf daily on the rotator to become eligible for the rebates.

Now here is where I think some members are wasting there time. Some of the members are advertising to join the very rotator system that they are already a member of. Any people who are using the rotator to advertise are already members. How else would they know it was even there? Now this is like trying to sell ice to an Eskimo. They are all aware of the concept.

I think they would have more success with the rotator system advertising something other than the rotator. If only to get some new sites up with potential to make money. When I do my daily surf sessions, about 33% of the sites I see are for the same thing. And that same thing is the very rotator that we are all using. Am I the only one who thinks this is counter productive? I welcome your comments.
Kurt Mitchell/google me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kurt, glad I read your post 'before' I started advertising for the rotator. GREAT POINT!!

Much Love,
Miss Julia

Wyverex said...

Ice Cubes To An Eskimo! What a great analogy! I surf too, and found the same thing.